Monday, June 14, 2010

Uneventful

Not only was getting Shy off the trailer at midnight a total non issue, she is warming up quickly to us. She's just a dainty and beautiful little thing with gorgeous hair! Her mane was full of knots and Tori used her cosmetology knack to do Shy up just right! She loved it and the attention she got.

Did put her in her corral for a bit to get her bearings straight and later she walked up to me to be haltered. Looks like writing this blog about her training journey may not be as interesting as I thought! Nothing tells me she's going to be a difficult horse to bring along.

In my evaluation of her she's looking for someone to bond with and is ready to get her brain stimulated and get to work. She's pretty much business-like, wants a job and has a good work ethic. She seems like an eager student.

I do see where I'll need to spend some extra time getting her more relaxed around her hindquarters with the carrot stick, rope, then my hands. As she was trotting through the tall grass, it went up between her hind legs and she got worried some snake had hold of her!!! She just scooted away, tail tucked, but that was a normal response for a horse that hasn't been desensitized in that area. After a few more trips through the grass, she was fine.

I'll put her out in her corral for the whole day today and let the rest of the herd get to know her over the fence. They really aren' t that interested in her. She may be hurt by that fact. She does walk with confidence and she knows she's pretty. I'll post pictures on Facebook tonight.

Off to start my day.

No comments:

Post a Comment