Thursday, June 3, 2010

I am still recieving photos and feedback from the Northeast Equine Expo. That's a good sign that we made an impression there! Still talking about it around the barn and having some good laughs!

It's been nice to spend more time with the horses the last few days. Gearing up to get more fencing in so I can accomodate two new mares coming next week. One is a training and sales project, the other is a lovely young mare that has been given to me to use in my program. Both are coming from Rainbows End Farm in Virginia. Sharon has been breeding some very nice Colonial Spanish horses. The mare that is the training project came from TX originally, has a high % of Choctaw in her.

Managed to return my borrowed trailer today but before I could let it go I had to make sure to bash in the rear window of my truck first!!! Not kidding. While I was backing it into its parking place I turned too sharp and the gooseneck hit the window. When I get a new trailer...it won't be an extra wide---guaranteed. I needed that like I needed a hole in my head.

Looking forward... next week is the last week of school for the kids then SUMMER BEGINS! I've got visitors scheduled for tours of The Center all month, horses coming and going, and three 3 year olds that will get started this year. Eliza has set her sights on getting Augustine started. That'll be a great match and a wonderful project for her. Tori will be assisting me with the summer kids program and keeping her horses in work-that means making sure Oscar is getting 5 STAR service!!!! The Belmont event really got her excited about riding and showing her horses off.

Stay tuned for more adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment