Sunday, June 20, 2010

many hands make light work

A real work day today! We put in the mega posts for the arena, another 40 posts for a new pasture, another 9 posts for a corral off the arena, got a pick up truck of hay from down the road. During the day we had two major rainy periods, then turned to sun. Gotta love those Vermont thunderstorms. I've been wet and dry so many times today I'm not sure if my clothes are cleaner or not that when I started the day!

Many many thanks to Saul, from Johnson Hardware who came out and operated the auger for us. Spectacular! And to Steph 2, friend and helper from Michigan who is camping at the Center for the summer. Thanks to Joe R., teenage boy labor, and to Tori for driving nice and close to the posts so Steph could set them, and Eliza for being an extra hand and doing whatever I told her. Alicia came mid afternoon and gave me a break helping with hauling hay and filling in the holes. And thanks to Jo SC for letting me borrow her truck to do all this work since mine IS BACK IN THE SHOP till Wednesday! (argh.)

What a productive day! Getting more fencing up is a huge accomplishment. So much more needs to be done but one thing at a time. Tomorrow I hope to get the arena completed so we have an enclosed area to ride and train in.

A slice of pizza and some ice cream and I'm off to bed!

No comments:

Post a Comment