Saturday, June 12, 2010

She's on her way

Looks like Shy will be arriving around midnite. ugh. Late night at the barn. Not the first time, nor will it be the last. The shippers are going to re load her into their small trailer so they can make it up our narrow driveway, that way I don't have to walk her 1/4 mile in the dark in a strange place. Batemans Horse Vans, my official shipper, takes good care.

Apparently, Shy loaded right on the trailer at 3:30 a.m. Sharon was half asleep when she loaded her since she'd been up already with two mares who foaled. And I thought I was sleep deprived. Way to go Sharon! I had mentioned to Sharon the other day that these Colonial Spanish horses do rise to the occasion when needed and lets hope that Shy will too. Given that Shy and Sharon aren't really best of friends (!) Shy did prove herself at 3:30 a.m.! Way to go Shy!

Hoping that unloading will be uneventful.

No comments:

Post a Comment