Sunday, June 6, 2010

Business as usual

Nothing like a little rain to keep things green! All weekend it's been on and off, but mostly on. Summer in Vermont.

Eliza has been playing with our 3 year old Augustine who has always been the sweetest, cutest little guy. He's what they call a pocket pony. Loves kids and very laid back. He's one of our sales projects (although I'd love to keep him, too!) and Eliza is taking him on this summer to get started under saddle. Yesterday she saddled him, tightened the girth fully, played with him a little bit, then I gave her a leg up and led her around on him. He could have cared less. Never showed one little concern about any of it.

I'm sure in a few more sessions she'll be able to ride him around the arena. Maybe I'll pony her a few times until we get the arena fencing up. I totally don't worry about him being silly or fresh. My plan for Augustine is to find him a home that would campaign him in the hunter show pony circuit. He's a great representative of the breed.

Looking forward to some volunteers today helping me get the posts in the ground to start putting up the arena fencing. I'm grateful to Judi who donated over 100 fence posts to The Center! Thing is they are huge cedar posts so I'll have to rent an auger and a few teenagers to put them in.

Busy week coming up. Schools on it's way out, have visitors coming to the farm, and preparing for the arrival of two CS mares from Virginia. Have my flyers done for the Summer Kids Program and \need to get those out to the local schools. Board meeting on Tuesday and horses to get out and played with. Did I miss anything?! Oh, yeah, getting my back window replaced. It's always something.

In the meantime, we continue to see pictures on Facebook from the Belmont event. Latest one from Photonic health...the folks who used their light therapy on Oscar. A great product and such nice people.

No comments:

Post a Comment