Friday, October 1, 2010

Crazy. All this rain. Not looking forward to seeing how bad the barn flooded last night. Luckily, most everything is on pallets since this isn't the first time we've had a small river running through it.

I kept Destiny in her stall last night since she doesn't have any shelter in her corral. I left the barn door open so Oscar could come in and out on his own, although that means he probably made a mess of the hay but it's a small price to pay to know he was dry and happy last night.

Destiny is being very obedient with the halter now. She is acting more like a partner each day and waiting patiently for it to go on and off. She whinnies when she sees my truck in the morning. So cute.

Off to Charlotte today to teach at an indoor-what a gift to have that available with the weather we're having. Saturday is the Waitsfield riding club horse show and I'm taking a students big Paint horse in a few classes for her. Riding western! A small, fun show with no pressure.

The raffle tickets for the beautiful framed photo are selling slow. I'm hoping to sell 80 more by our benefit trail ride October 16th. Thanks to those who have purchased a ticket. 100% of the money will go towards winter hay. Let me know if you need me to send you the flyer so you can help spread the word! Thanks!

No comments:

Post a Comment