Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Galan acted like a big boy today! We had our first ride out of the arena. He was much more inclined to move freely than the last day I rode him. I also used the halter today instead of attaching reins to the bit and I think that made a big difference. He's a sensitive horse.

We started at the "beach" (sandy area near the barn) just walking in a small circle then spiraled out into the driveway and around the "yard". We walked and trotted a little bit. Getting him out of the arena seemed to change his attitude about things. This was only the third time he's been ridden this year. As a three year old he was ridden maybe 4 times. Now that I found what makes him happy, we'll be doing more of that. I've always felt like he's a horse that's up for an adventure. His adventure today was a ride around the driveway!

Logan impressed me today with his general respect for me and his ability to focus. Tomorrow I'll plan on riding him. He'll be going home in a week or so--I think his owner will see a big change in him. I know I have. His neck isn't tight all the time now. He's learned to relax and is working with me now, not against me. That's so much more fun for everyone!

No comments:

Post a Comment