Sunday, October 17, 2010

Between that crazy fall storm over the weekend and life in general, I've been 2bizee2blog. I think that's how the younger generation writes things now!!!!

All the ponies, except Shy and Coyote had their rain coats on this weekend. Shy's not worn a blanket to my knowledge and I wanted to take my time putting it on her but when they are cold, hungry and cranky first thing in the morning, that is NOT the time to be taking time introducing a blanket to a horse like Shy. Even my own old reliables were doing the blanket dance--they just wanted to eat. It's amazing how quickly they warm up once they get hay in their bellies. All's well, but now have the mud to contend with. Ick. It's a hard time of year transitioning from fall to the W word. (winter).

Took Logan out for some play time today. He's much more honest than the other day when he was exiting the arena on his own. He's following me in the circling game now and using the 45' rope has helped tremendously. Today was the first day I saw him drop his head and relax on his own after having him trot and canter around me. I see him making changes each day.

Galan is staying for another two weeks. I got on him on Thursday and after getting the stickyness out of his "go" he did pretty well and was more confident about moving forward.

And Destiny actually looked to me yesterday with a question when she had herself in a little predicament with her stall gate. It was the first time I saw her realize she didn't know what to do. She's always strutting around like she KNOWS EVERYTHING ALL THE TIME (sounds like a teenager) but after trying to escape through the gate before it was open fully, she found herself asking me what should she do. I helped her back up and get free so now I'm her hero!!!! She comes running to my whistle most of the time, always if there is a little handful of grain to go with the whistle. She's put on a lot of weight and is looking good. I know she's happy. Her and Ringo bonded the other day over some good grass. Uncle Oscar and she are still pretty tight though. It's cute cuz he usually doesn't get too attached to anyone.

So that's the latest from "As the World Turns" at The Center.

No comments:

Post a Comment