Wednesday, October 6, 2010

Thanks to Cherise for helping me today with getting hay! What a bonus that was for me. Because I don't have much hay storage area yet I have to load up the truck about every 10 days. Good thing my hay supplier lives only two miles away. We did two loads in less than an hour. Would have taken me half a day. Mucho gracias, Cherise!!!

New student Galan is settling into work. He's just four, with only about three rides on him a year ago. Yesterday he was pretty sure he wanted that saddle off his back. Today he was more sure it was okay to have it on. I did end up getting on him after I played with him online for about 45 minutes. Just sat on him, laterally flexed him, rubbed him all over. Got off, got on, sat there, got off. He was all good with that. He's a lot of fun, a perky little guy that loves to move. He's going to make a great trail/endurance horse. I even see how he could excel in reining because he's super quick and agile. Also would be a lot of fun to jump-he's very light on his feet. That's what I love about these CS horses...they can do everything and be good at it!

Destiny continues to run around like she owns the place. She and Uncle Oscar cruise around grazing freely during the day. Yesterday she galloped down the hill when she saw me putting up some fencing. She probably thought there was food in the plastic bag I had and much to her dismay found only fencing insulators! But she followed me around for while anyways- quite curious as to what I was doing. It really suprised me when I called her in for the day and she came running! Although her internal clock recognized it was feeding time, I was still impressed of her enthusiasm to get haltered and put back in her corral.

No comments:

Post a Comment