Monday, October 4, 2010

I posted a new photo of Destiny on facebook. She's looking just gorgeous in it. The way she was moving and carrying herself gives me an accurate glimpse into what sort of potential she has as a sport horse. I already knew from seeing her sire but this picture confirms it. Destiny has really made some great progress with her attitude towards me. She softly accepts the halter and waits patiently for me to take it off. She whinnies when she sees me in the morning and puts her head over the fence to greet me. We still have a ways to go to bring her up to speed like working with her feet and brushing her thick tail out. But she's come a long way from the sassy little filly that stepped off the trailer two weeks ago.

A new four legged friend is coming to The Center today for a few weeks of training. Galan, a young Colonial Spanish gelding I sold a few years ago is ready to get started. I did ride him a few times last year as a three year old and he'll get a refresher course again this month. He'll love seeing his buddies again and I'm sure will engage in some play time. I look forward to seeing how he has developed. What an athletic little horse he is, very light on his feet and has an inquiring mind. It's kind of like getting a new toy to play with when new horses come for any length of time!

Hoping this nice weather continues through the month. Our benefit trail ride is scheduled for October 16th. Still selling raffle tickets for the photo, too.

No comments:

Post a Comment