Wednesday, October 20, 2010

Good Boy, Logan

I had two tag- a -longs down come to the arena with me the other day. Oscar and his little friend Destiny saw me going with Logan so they followed. It was good practice for Logan since he wanted to belong to the herd of two but had to focus on me instead. No more running out of the arena or being obnoxious. He did hesitate and thought about going with them, but respectfully listened to me instead. good progress there.

Walking back up the driveway I send Oscar and Destiny ahead and turned Logan to walk the other direction. He wanted to spin around and run to be with them. I could just tell. But a gentle reminder he's to stay with me and that was all he needed. Now that he's showing this level of respect on the ground, we are working towards mounted work.

Thanks to my fencing fairies Mary Anne and Elsie, we've got some juice running through it now. Playing musical pasture today!

No comments:

Post a Comment