Tuesday, October 5, 2010

Visitors

It's been so nice to have the doors to The Center open to all. Yesterday, a young woman who did volunteer work back in Sept. with the Johnson State College crew came by to say hello. She'd been thinking about the horses since then and finally just drove up to "touch a horse".

We got talking and she shared about a 4 year old girl in her life who is in the hospital after surgery for her cystic fibrosis. Tears welled up in her eyes as she asked if she could bring her to The Center to visit the horses. Then I got all teary sharing about a little girl that came to Red Road Farm about 4 years ago who also had CF. Her wish was to work with my vet for the day and they brought her over to meet Oscar and get his autograph. I was choked up with tears the whole time she was there.

I look foward to giving this child the opportunity to get to know my horses. I will have a tissue tucked in my pocket.

No comments:

Post a Comment