Saturday, May 1, 2010

All in a days work

Played with horses, ate chocolate, visiting with local folks, more horses, more chocolate, another incredible feast at dinner!

That's pretty much how it went today so a little rain wasn't so bad!

Had some really rewarding times with a couple of the horses today. StarB, a 6 year old with limited riding time on him, came around nicely with Jack, the 14 year old son of Pam and Jurgs. StarB started to give me a bit of an attitude when I first got on, figured he'd just do it his way or no way. Managed to dodge an argument with him and pulled out some other tactics of mine I had up my sleeve! It was only a matter of minutes and he changed his tune without any further discussion. Jack's such a great student and has waited a long time to ride Star B like he did today. Makes me feel good I could help him do this.

Trooper, the horse at the indoor arena came around well also. Just having Jack spend some quiet time with him setting his personal space boundaries has made all the difference. Without rushing things and cutting corners, I hope in the next few days I'll be getting on Trooper for a test drive, hope to have Jack on him soon after.

We're making a lot of progress in a short time!

No comments:

Post a Comment