Monday, May 10, 2010

heading home soon

Will be leaving Buhler at 7 am to get to Zurich for my 10:30 flight. Arriving back home around 5:30 pm, not sure how the jet lag will be once home but do anticipate I'll be back on track in a day or so.

The Gassman family has taken such good care of me these last two weeks. Tonight we had dinner at a castle. It was an amazing meal! The castle is from the 3rd century, I think they said. I was in awe at its construction and how something that old could still be standing. The views were phenomenal as well. Took many pictures but you really have to see it to believe it.

Rained again most of the day but we did manage to get horses ridden and Sam had a lesson on Trooper. I think Trooper gets the Most Improved Player award ! He went from an unrideable sugar fiend to giving Sam a nice ride on him today.

Well, off to pack all my treasures I'm bringing home with me! Chocolate bars galore!

Thanks to everyone who has visited my blog. I've enjoyed writing it. My intention is to continue blogging once home, sharing the progress at The Center and latest events, happenings and thoughts.

Steph

1 comment:

  1. Glad to have you home! You would be so proud of your team that took care of the horses at the Center. They got great care and TLC from Elsie and Maryann, Kara, Cornelia, Elizabeth and her 2 daughters. As well as an early morning blanketing team. Cornelia sounded the trumpet and it was answered by Suzie, Big Brian, Brian, And a sleepy Tory and Eliza that sprang into action. As you will read, I am sure, in the daily log book, the ponies had great treatment by a quick thinking and caring crew! And thanks to Dakota for ferrying Eliza to school, along with Elsie and Maryann. I pass the baton back to you, our Trusty Leader. It was a pleasure being Command Central, as Elsie dubbed me. I hope I did not leave anyone out. Glad to have you back at the helm,joansie

    ReplyDelete