Thursday, May 6, 2010

saw a patch of blue sky...

for about 5 minutes! We have been in the clouds for days now. It's not a full blown rain, just heavy mist. I'm no stranger to cold damp days giving lessons and playing with ponies. Don't have all my dependable rain gear with me, but managing to get by fine with what I brought and Pam has some boots that fit me.

Spent most of the day with StarB and working out some things with him in regards to giving to pressure on his face. And mounting with out quite so much drama. He did have a little rodeo explosion when I put the saddle on so changed saddle pads hoping it'll help with the fit. I think that made a difference since i was able to mount and ride him with out incident. He's a quick learner, like the rest of the CS horses.

Also rode Rebel in the big grassy place. That was a little more excitement than I expected! He really is a good good boy, but gets a bit 'scooty' at times. Quick reflexes on my part and all was well! There was a cold wind blowing and I really think it just went through his hind legs. He's a grulla appy and God didn't give him much tail to keep his hiney warm. Watching him later on while he was grazing, I could see that he was cold, tail tucked tight between his hind legs, back a little humpy, the same look as when I was on him. Hoping to revisit riding him when it's not so windy, or cold. When will that be?

I thought Sam had a good lesson on Mack who is not an easy horse to learn to ride on. He's got Choctaw in him, the stouter, more square body type and not the most elegant mover, but he's packed kids around and Sam feels safe on him so that's all good. Would love to have Sam come to Vermont and spend riding time on Thunder, or Oscar, who could really build his confidence and show him a good time! Jack would have a great time too!

The boys don't have school till noon tomorrow so we're doing riding lessons in the morning. Starting to think about all the things back home that I have to do. Kind of slowly re-entering reality. eeek! although I've been "working" (hehehe) it's certainly slowed me down. I feel like the hamster that finally got off the excercise wheel!

1 comment:

  1. Don't worry about home. All is well with your ponies! You can re-enter reality on the plane. Enjoy every second, everything will fall into place.

    ReplyDelete