Sunday, May 2, 2010

A Dramamine moment!

Jurg and Pam took me on the "scenic" tour to a lovely town nearby. For those of you familiar with Smugglers Notch in Vermont, it was that sort of a drive for about 20 minutes! I was a little woozy stepping out of the car when we arrived. There are few guardrails in Switzerland. The Stowe rec. path is wider than these roads! I sat in the front on the way home. Need I say more.

Even though it's been raining most of the day, we are getting around to play with the horses that need my attention. Jack had another really great lesson on StarB and I'm really going to focus on the 4 year old gelding that needs to build his trust with us. He's a really nice looking and moving fella, a grulla appy. He's not been ridden with a saddle as far as we know, but I'll be desensitizing him more before I get on him.

I am missing my own ponies, and of course my family, but I know this trip will be over before I know it. I'm enjoying each moment, planning on how to bring back all the chocolate and special foods I've been exposed to here! Cheese, chocolate, cookies, breads...all those basic food groups!!!


No comments:

Post a Comment