Saturday, May 8, 2010

Troopy

Last week I think I mentioned Trooper, the horse being kept at the indoor arena who was being fed the "kraftfudder" (high energy grain by the bucket full) and his caretaker insisted it wasn't bothering him? He's been here at the house detoxing from the sugar intake and lack of turnout.
Well, yesterday I took Troop out to play with him and see where his head was. After about 15 minutes of good excersice he settled down and acted fairly normal. Today, we gave him another try and had Jack ride him. It went pretty well. I was pleased to see the difference in energy level and his brain was functioning again. His tolerance for being ridden lasted about 10 minutes, but that is 10 minutes more than last week so we are making progress. We'll give him another chance tomorrow and see how it goes. Making no assumptions will keep our expectations low and reasonable.

Jack had a great ride on StarB today and cantered by himself on him. Pam also rode him for a few minutes. Hoping that when I leave they will have been given enough tools to keep him progressing. Time has gone quickly, as I knew it would. Just really seeing the progress, and the work ahead to keep the horses going in the right direction. I think I've filled their tool boxes with more tools than they had previously and have given enough insight into each horses personality so they can continue where I'm leaving off.

Tomorrow, after Jack and Sam ride, we are all going to a medieval festival by Lake Constance and to visit a castle!!! That should be very cool! No castles in Vermont, with moats and everything!!!! I'll have to sit in the front seat on the way though. I never out grew getting a little woozy from curvy car rides.

Tonight they took me to the top of another hill/mountain where the views were astonishing. I know this is corny...but it DID look just like out of the Sound of Music! Pam told me to run across the hills and sing the song. I did!!!! Couldn't resist!! I also took a lot of pictures, but they don't do the landscape justice. It's just breathtaking..and these arent even the high Alps. This mountain range are just the foothills of the Alps. I wouldn't have known.

Met 4 more people today who are interested in lessons when I come back to Switzerland . Pam is going to work on getting a full two weeks of clinics set up for me in the fall perhaps! Two woman have said they'd like to come to America and apprentice with me for a bit of time. They could help me with my German too. Jack and Sam, bless their little hearts, have been so patient translating for me. Pam's German is pretty good to me, but she says she still needs the boys, or Jurg, most of the time.

Well, off to bed. Only two more full days left!

No comments:

Post a Comment