Friday, April 30, 2010

A walk through the village

Much more exciting going on a walk through Buhler when you have two young fillies! It was maybe one mile of steep narrow roads with kids on a variety of vehicles, cars coming, a tractor digging up a field, then the darn Swiss cows looming overhead on their hillside as we walk by! Autumn, the filly I was leading was as suprised as me when it appeared about 5 feet above her head! Both Autumn and Lani were pretty brave and we did manage to make it to our destination without incident. Fortunately, we did not meet the train that comes through town.

Interesting day at the indoor arena too. Sharing the arena with two girls riding their HUGE horses. I was playing online with Trooper who was sort of preoccupied watching these beasts canter around him. I'm just not used to seeing such big horses anymore. One little girl about 4 1/2 feet tall was grooming a horse at least 16.2 hands. I think she had already ridden him. Pam and I agreed she needed a compact little Spanish Mustang as soon as possible!

The food here continues to be incredibly satisfying. Jurg and Pam are such great hosts, and their boys are good company too. Missing my family at home but soaking it all up here while I can.

No comments:

Post a Comment