Friday, September 10, 2010

Pieces of the Puzzle

I'ts been a busy, short week. And looking ahead the next four weeks are going to fly by as well. Some events coming up: Sept. 17th clinic in Charlotte, Sept. 25 Shelburne Farms harvest Festival, October 16th benefit trail ride at The Center. Between these events I have weekly lessons in Waitsfield, a 4 hour lesson in Colchester, Kara taking my truck to Wisconsin to pick up Pam's trailer and Destiny, our Sulphur filly. Add on some tours I have scheduled, catching up on trimming feet, and getting Shy played with daily, there's little time left in the day.

However, some exciting long term plans are falling into place! Future barn/indoor arena, the incorporation papers for The Center being filed next week, and our non profit status paperwork getting in place. Administratively speaking, progress is happening. That will be a HUGE step in the right direction, thanks to Brenda who is making it all happen.

Almost everyday this week I've recieved a phone call or email from someone interested in volunteering, internship, lessons, tours, college level projects about the Colonial Spanish horses, and more. That keeps me going each day. If nothing else, it keeps me hoping that in the near future we will be self sustaining and financially more secure. It only takes one person to make a difference and many "one persons" have shown up in the last 18 months. I could not be doing this myself and am grateful to everyone who has supported me, the horses and The Center in all ways.

No comments:

Post a Comment