Sunday, September 26, 2010

After a marathon day at Shelburne Farms Harvest Festival on Saturday, I took the day to recooperate at home. What that means is I only spent about 4 hours at the barn catching up on some corral cleaning, refilling water troughs, feeding and spending time with Shy and Destiny. The big boy herd got some lovin' on too from Eliza and I because they gave us that sad puppy dog eye when we walked by with Shy and Destiny! My boys have been very patient with me as they watch me divide my time between them and the horses that get played with everyday.

Destiny is coming around. Enough that I felt turning her out in a small corral with grass would be okay. Didn't take too long for her to catch me when it was time to go in. It was nice to see Eliza leading her all the way down the driveway to her little spot. Destiny was good, followed Eliza on a loose rope. These little outings to her grassy place will go a long way in causing Destiny to be more eager to be haltered. Each time it gets better and she is starting to understand the routine.

There have been comments that Destiny looks like deer! During hunting season she will have to stay VERY close to the barn and wear a lot of orange. She's about the same size as a good buck, the same color. I have a few dun colored horses that could look a lot like deer.

Off to bed to finish my relaxing day.

No comments:

Post a Comment