Friday, July 16, 2010

When Plans Change

Things have a funny way of working out for me!

Ended up that I did not bring back the 4 year old Choctaw gelding. En route to picking up the borrowed trailer I recieved a phone call that they had a buyer for the horse. Uh, hmmm, uh....okay...mmm, uh. Was a little caught off guard there, and dissapointed.

But....there's a silver lining to this story...

They offered me the same deal for Minko, one of the offspring that we bred and raised during the Choctaw Program at Red Road Farm! So essentially, Minko has come back to me and I couldn't be happier.

When the girls and I went to visit HRBF about 6 weeks ago I was wondering if there was a way Minko could come back. When they offered the other horse I was okay with that so let go of the Minko idea, sort of.

It's great to see the little fella again! He's just adorable. He is very petite, not in the girth size though (over fed) but only stands 12.3 ish. Eliza will help me post pics on Facebook tonight. He hasn't had much handling since he left me in 2008, but he hopped right in the trailer and rode quietly. I'm sure he'll warm up quickly to us. Tonight he was getting acquainted with new buddies over the fence. Can't wait to see him tomorrow and comb out his wind knots in his mane. He's got a pretty tail too! Oh, and his face is beautiful.

No comments:

Post a Comment