Sunday, July 25, 2010

We had a successful weekend at the Lamoille County Field Days. Since it's held in Johnson, the same town where The Center is, we met a lot of our rural neighbors. I am always suprised when someone says, "Oh, yes, I've heard you and your horses are in Johnson now." Also heard from a few people that they've been following our progress. Sounds like the word is continuing to get out.

Gave out over 150 brochures, more than any other year we've attended. I think this was the best year at the Field Days as far as contacts that I made. Our painted pony kids activity was a huge hit as always.

I can't say enough good things about Maya and Oscar and how they greeted everyone. This was Maya's first time at something like this. She couldn't have been any better. What a great ambassador she's become in a short time. The girls rode the horses back home after the fair. Maya bonded with Oscar over the weekend and was whinnying for him when she went back into the pasture.

I bonded with Maya over the weekend, too. I've found that sitting with the horses in their stalls during events like this really make a difference. People tend to feel more like asking questions about the horses. Maya and I spent a total of about 16 hours together in her stall. When she was tired she would put her head behind me and press her face against my back as I sat in the chair. I just love this horse!

The next two weeks are going to be super busy getting the place ready for the open house. I've got more fields to get brush hogged and fencing to get up soon. The day that I don't have to put up any more fencing will be a day to celebrate!

No comments:

Post a Comment