Tuesday, July 20, 2010

It's already practically Wednesday. So much seems to happen everyday I can't keep it all straight. Good thing I'm blogging!

Minko is settling in well. He's living in the small corral getting used to be being talked to and petted and oohed and ahhhed at. I've spent some time getting him "de-bratted" as Eliza and I call it! He was a brat the first time I asked him to anything other than what he wanted. But that didn't last long. He's still a little shy but walks up to me and is getting more snuggly. Priority for a kids pony!

Summer, the mare in training, is coming along really well. So great to see the transition happening. Her owner has been so committed to coming when I work with her and is learning more about her horse. She's been riding her and all is going really well. Glad to have her until mid August. She'll be a pretty solid citizen for a four year old by the time she leaves The Center.

Shy Shy continues to be a gem! I just love her delicateness and I'm finding she has sense of humor. Yesterday I took her out for a walk in the field with a friend of mine and her horse. We stood and just chatted for a while and Shy was nibbling on the back of my coat, tugging at it like she was a little kid trying to get my attention. Then she'd put the leadrope in her mouth and carry it, like a dog. This is the first time I've seen her be silly, like I would totally expect from my horses. She and Thunder are really cute together too. He's thrilled to have a girl!

This weekend we have the Lamoille County Field Days to attend with two horses. It's a real local event so it'll be good exposure for us.

Friday I have a group of teenagers coming from Johnson State College to do volunteer work. I'm grateful for their help and hope to get a lot done.

Stay tuned and check back in a few days. I should have some good news to share!!!

No comments:

Post a Comment