Thursday, July 15, 2010

Summer is coming along really well. Yesterday I rode her on my own, walk and trot in the arena. She's actually feeling alot softer than I thought she would. She settled right into wearing a bit and she's following the feel of the rein nicely now. Worked on her one rein stop and yeilding to pressure of my leg, her whoa and go are getting more equal.

Looks like her owner has decided to leave her with me for one more month which I'm really happy about. The extra time will allow us to all work together so Summer continues to progress, or at least coast for a while when she goes home. There's nothing wrong with coasting. Summer is just four years old so she doesn't need to know everything this year. The foundation she'll have when she leaves me with be with her for ever.

On another note, The Center has a young friend from Bermuda who is turning 5 years old on Saturday. In lieu of gifts, his guests (over 40 of them!) will be making a contribution to The Center. We have sent him a token of our appreciation, a Breyer horse model of Rain from "Spirit", and each guest is recieving an autographed photo of Oscar!

By the time of our OPEN HOUSE August 14th, the property is going to be looking incredible. Lots of volunteers on board in the coming week. It's just amazing to me how many people are willing to step in and sweat and labor for our project.

No comments:

Post a Comment