Sunday, March 6, 2011

Egads! snow again.

It's that time of year when most of us around the region are getting pretty tired of the same old dog chow. Forecast for tonight says about 12 inches of wet snow. Not good timing for me. My apologies to my skier friends who thrive on an abundance of snow but...I'VE JUST ABOUT HAD IT!

The foundation for the arena was finished on Saturday. It now sits there collecting water and snow. Driveway is a skating rink. Well, it's a skating rink with enough snow to cover it that you can't SEE the skating rink. That makes for interesting driving and walking to say the least. I did end up nearly stuck in my own driveway this morning due to the invisible cloak the ice was wearing. (I just finished watching a Harry Potter movie! I'm not a Potter head, but it takes my mind off of things like arenas, foundations, ice, wet and cold horses, needing to get hay Monday morning in this mess, etc.)

I am turning off the outside light on my porch so I can't see the snow falling. Out of sight-out of mind. I guess I am in denial that in the morning, I'm trudging this happy road to destiny again. :)

To Jo, The Centers marketing and PR guru, have a wonderful trip to Hawaii tomorrow-that is if your flight isn't cancelled. Hello and a hug to Jamie for me! We'll miss you Jo and see you when you get back!

No comments:

Post a Comment