Saturday, January 1, 2011

All is calm.

As I was feeding the horses in the peace of the first morning of 2011, listening to how quiet it was at the Center, except for the munching noises of them eating hay, I heard bells. Yes, bells. Like Church bells. I really thought I was losing it. Wouldn't suprise me after a few rough days back in 2010.

I listened closely and sure enough, We Three Kings was playing far far away. It was echoing up the valley and the melody rested at The Center. I listened for the whole song. Then another played and in the middle of it the wind must have picked up the noise and moved it on to another unsuspecting soul.

Only minutes later did the neighbors 9 year old grandaughter and mom who are up visiting from CT, stop by to visit the horses. They lugged water, moved troughs and dragged hay down to the barn for me. I never thought of asking them if they heard the music.

Maybe it was just me.

No comments:

Post a Comment