Sunday, January 23, 2011

It's been quite some time since I've blogged. Funny thing is that not too many horse adventures have happened since my last post. I guess that's a good thing. Especially this time of the year (cold and colder) when it's about just getting through each day without incident.

Mas has settled in just fine with Ringo acting as pasture mate-he's a grounded soul who is a good presence for Mas. They don't seem all buddy-buddy but I know Mas appreciates his company because when I took Ringo out the other day Mas whinnied and was looking for him. Hope to get Mas integrated into the bigger group in the near future.

Knock on wood...all's been pretty quiet with musical pastures. I think everyone's found their place. Pete and Destiny are living together in the round pen since he had instigated some rough horse play which took down a fence last week. Can't have that in the middle of the night. Everytime the phone rings and I don't recognize the local number, my heart sinks and I start to put on my boots to go fetch a loose horse! I've been traumatized by late night round-ups.

Mark your calendars for February 26th. The Center is hosting a spaghetti dinner fundraiser the night before the historic Stowe Derby. We've been working hard and fast getting organized. Three seating will have us serving a total of 300 people. Get your tickets in advance on our site http://www.centerforamericasfirsthorse.org/upcoming-events.html Check out www.stowederby.com too.

Dancing With Horses workshop coming up March 18-20. This will be an amazing workshop with Joanna Mendl Shaw and our horses. Space is limited so if you are interested in attending, take action now. http://www.centerforamericasfirsthorse.org/upcoming-events.html

As always, we appreciate our friends sharing our social networking links with their friends and family. Or with strangers if you want! You never know who may take an interest in our efforts.

Warmly,

Stephanie

No comments:

Post a Comment