Tuesday, December 14, 2010

A taste of humble pie

Mmmmmm, good!

Working with horses can be a humbling experience. Caring for them can be a humbling experience. Caring for them in an environment which is not really even suitable for the human to be exposed to can be humbling.

That pretty much sums up my week so far! Our lovely Vermont weather has been in full swing. Big snow, followed by big rain, followed by ice, wind, then more rain and finally snow again today. We went from 40+ degrees to about 15 degrees in less than 12 hours. No problem if one has an office job and a short commute home.

No need to go into details of what fun I've had. I've been rescued more than a few times in the last week by my peers, friends, and volunteers. Thank goodness is all I can say because if it wasn't for their help I'd have lost my sense of humor a long time ago.

Each day is certainly a new adventure--counting the weeks till the arena is delivered and installed. Can she persevere?!!!! Stay tuned for tomorrows blog to find out!

No comments:

Post a Comment