Monday, December 20, 2010

half full, or half empty?

It's been that kind of a day. Or week, or month, however I want to look at it. Looking at the glass as half full is always a good thing, too. Maybe it's because of the rare occurance of the winter solstice, full moon and eclipse all on the same day but something is going on beyond my control.

Truck breakdown, new fencer battery dead, horses playing Houdini, generator not working, hoses frozen on watering day, etc. etc. etc.

Many people I've spoken with in the last few days are experiencing multiple headaches (not literal headaches in some cases, but major inconveniences we can call them.) I'm just trying to stay afloat physically, mentally and spiritually. And humorously. It's hard to laugh at myself when in the midst of "inconveniences". Looking at it from, "it could always be worse" perspective or, "there are those with much worse problems and I -should -count -my-blessings -this- is- all- I- have- to -deal -with" train of thought is helpful. Perspective is important. Continuing to be grateful for all that I DO have and grateful to those that reach out to help in so many ways.

Thank goodness for good health, good friends, and goodness of people that are known, and unknown. In these challenging financial times many have reached out to support our work and with out their generosity The Center for America's First Horse would not be where we are today, both literally, and figuratively speaking.

In the spirit of the season,

Stephanie

1 comment:

  1. Hope tomorrow is a better day Stephanie. Hugs to all of them. Sent a package up on Friday I think, hope it gets to you soon.

    ReplyDelete