Saturday, November 13, 2010

progess

Along with being so busy all day and a really slow computer, blogging has been difficult. Things seem to progress and change everyday it's even hard for me to keep up!

On Friday 100 cedar posts were put in for winter pasture down in the lower field parellel to the driveway. I felt very spoiled not having to pound even one post! It was money well spent to have a strong young man do it and Steph2 came from Burlington to help out. She's strong like bull! Saturday is being spent stringing fencing and burning the huge brush pile. Volunteers coming to participate in the fun :)

With the most recent news that financing is being approved for a small indoor arena/barn which will be constructed soon, we have a lot in store for the winter. These plans and initiatives we've been hanging on to for a while are able to come to fruition once the structure is up. I'm still holding my breath till I see the construction starting though. I'll be doing the happy dance then!

The horses are enjoying our unseasonably warm weather and I'm grateful for the sun. Hunting season opened this morning and 8 yards of blaze orange fabric sit on my table awaiting my sewing machine. Making neck covers for them to keep them safe. Little Destiny looks just like a deer with her light dun coloration and white streaks in her mane and tail. She prances around like one too. Tonight I'll have them all done so they can wear them for the next two weeks.

I look so forward to having some time to spend with the horses instead of the continuing fence projects. After this, the last big project is perimeter fencing of about 20 acres next spring. Woo-hooo!

1 comment:

  1. Loved your comments on Destiny prancing around like a deer! It is so true! A very funny thing that the Spanish type Sulphur breed does is when they get excited they look like deers! lol I think it is a very cool and interesting thing about this breed that they cannot raise their tails vertically. It is a very hard thing to describe to people that haven't seen it before, but once you see it, you wont forget it!

    ReplyDelete