Monday, November 15, 2010

I was warned

omg.

I was warned by a professional financial consultant about a year ago that starting up a non profit organization was going to be the hardest thing I'd done. She said I would put in long hours, do things I didn't think I could do, and sacrifice some things along the way. Well, I'd pretty much been doing that already so I took on the task.

She's right.

It's still not THE hardest thing, but it's been a LONG and winding road for sure. And we're not there yet...but alot closer.

These last few weeks have been kinda tough. "It's all good" as the younger generation says. We, as in those who are the backbone of the organization and development of The Center (the board of directors and I) are doing some really big stuff which will lead us to the next level. New website, getting a barn up, paperwork galore, bank accounts, meetings with NRCS, VSBA,FSA, board meetings, getting hay, fundraising, planning for the future, new fencing, AND tending to the horses needs, since they are the ones this is all for.

Will it slow down? Will there be a time when I can sit back and say, WOW, look at what we've done and then go out and ride my horses? Hmmm, I'm not sure if this is a reality or not. I guess I'll keep moving forward and see if that time comes. I know, I know, "we make our own reality"! This is mine for right now and God willing I can hang in there a little bit longer.

I could never have done this by myself, by the way. On my own, I would have thrown in the towel a while ago I bet. You all came along at JUST the right time to save me from myself! Thanks :)

No comments:

Post a Comment