Thursday, November 4, 2010

My big dissapointing news is that our generator was stolen last night. This is our only source for pumping water out of the well to water the horses. I've been putting the word out locally, but I really doubt it'll show up. The sheriff's office has all the pertinent info. What really stinks is that now I'm worried that they will be back for other things. A locked gate is going to be installed ASAP but still, if someone wants to get in, I'm sure they could.

The generator was only 6 months old, still paying it off. Really a bummer. Of course most of the troughs were near empty so to get them watered for the night I had to haul water in my truck from the neighbors house. This is one time I'm glad it's raining...they won't drink much over night.

Just feeling really sad about all this. For many reasons. Nothing like a good cry to get the morning started.

Looking on the bright side though I have some free help 3 days a week now for a few hours a day and making progress on getting a day off in the near future.

Logan and Galan have been here for training for almost a month and both are leaving tomorrow for their homes. I've learned alot from them and look forward to working with them and their owners again next year.

Moving on...

No comments:

Post a Comment