Thursday, August 26, 2010

Kinda funny

After our presentation at Johnson State College yesterday Jo and I headed back to The Center along the nicely mowed paths. Jo was riding Maya who was enjoying an outing, and I was on Ringo. Feeling good about the contacts I made at the college, I loped Ringo along with a smile on my face. Next thing I knew I was pitched over Ringo's shoulder and found myself laying in a field deep of ferns! Jo was right behind me and saw the whole thing. With out losing any rhythm, I got up, asked Jo what the
@$%)! just happened, mounted back up and continued on like nothing happened. It was more like a hiccup in my ride! Still don't know what made Ringo scoot sideways. He wasn't phased by my lack of ability to stay on. Neither was I.

Later in the evening, I was carrying two bowls of Rocky Road ice cream to the couch to sit down with my husband. I tripped over a stupid TV tray (we don't even have a TV so why is it here?!) and fell knees first hard on the wood floor! OUCH. I didn't even have a chance to catch myself with my hands since I was carrying precious ice cream. The bowl broke, the dog ate the ice cream, I sat on the kitchen floor speechless and wimpering. Knowing immediately nothing was broken, I just sat there and felt the pain, silently cursing the TV tray.

After I got up off the floor I went and laid down, my body did not feel good. What ran through my mind was my little trip into the ferns with Ringo just a few hours earlier and how painless that was compared to the Rocky Road incident. I wanted to laugh at myself but was too mad. Today, I'm a little stiff, but not bad. Walking more carefully around the house now.

Then to top it off.. after telling the story to Tori today, in all of her 16 years of wisdom she said, " You know what mom? They say when you fall it's the Universe knocking stress out of you. You must be REALLY stressed!". Thanks Tor!

But it got me thinking. Yes, I know I've been wound a little tight lately and my trip off Ringo was a wake up fall. I laughed it off and gave it no thought. After the Rocky Road, I cried for a half hour. Not so much about over the physical pain really.

Kinda funny!

No comments:

Post a Comment