Sunday, August 15, 2010

About our Open House

Saturday was the big day. It was great! The weather cooperated, it couldn't have been nicer. A group of volunteers worked all day greeting guests, the KARAVAN was shuttling people from the parking area to the party area all day. Thank you to EVERYONE who pitched in to help out in so many ways. I could not have done any of this without you all.

We had alot of people come who I had never met before. That's good news. Means that just that many more people know what a Colonial Spanish horse is. I met a group of artists from the studio school who were fascinated by the horses and asked a lot of good questions. The demo's I did were a success. I played with Morado at liberty for the first one. He was his usual wonderful self and people said they were very inspired by watching us work together. I don't know that I'm trying to inspire any one really, just trying to show them how willing the horses are to work with humans.

Lots of kids played with Ringo and Thunder. Getting pony rides, painting hand prints on them, brushing them, hugs and kisses. Oscar gave out autographs and Tori spent time with our guests answering questions about Hidalgo.

We are all very tired. I meant to take the day off (besides feeding the ponies of course) but ended up spending most of the day at the barn putting a third and fourth strand of wire on the fence due to Coyote and Maya being smarter than I am!

Our next event is our presentation at Johnson State College August 25th.
going to bed-finally.

No comments:

Post a Comment