Wednesday, June 22, 2011

Progress continues

It was nearly one month ago I posted about my lesson with David Lichman and Morado. Since then I've committed to working with Morado daily. What a difference it has made. It's been difficult to set aside an hour a day for him, but I know if I am to make any progress, then that is what I have to do. And I'm glad I have.

It's been rewarding to watch the changes that have come when he gets regular attention from me. No surprise there. I did ride him on Monday which is the first time in a year or more. We walked and trotted in the arena with a halter on. He was fine, I was relaxed. There was still something about him though that didn't feel right. I am now going to examine the fit of the saddle more closely and try another saddle on him. He felt sticky in his forward movement. Knowing from past experience that it's a precurser to a more athletic exhibition, I opted to just finish on a good, confident note for our first ride in a while! No pressure, no direct line thinking, no agenda.

If only other parts of my life could more regularly be like that one hour with Morado.

No comments:

Post a Comment