Sunday, February 13, 2011

Hittin' the Wall

Last night we had snow squalls and wind that left an almost 4 foot snow drift blocking the driveway to get to the horses. YIKES. Really, it was like a wall of hard and heavy snow. Ended up having the neighboring farmers tractor with a blower attachement over and he fixed me up all good so I could drive in. Walking in wasn't too bad but getting hay tomorrow would have been pretty problematic.

Another wall in my day was learning that our foundation for the new arena/barn will get started next week. A 4' frost wall is being built-that's been some of the hang up getting the building here- and of course the financial piece due to the extraordinary cost of the foundation. With help of our donors and friends, we're going ahead and starting excavation. Yet another leap of faith. So far so good! We still have a ways to go but we're going!

Also hit a wall physically the last few days. My body has probably been giving me some signs recently, but I've shrugged it off. To get my attention I was given a migraine headache on Friday and stomach aches and pains on Saturday and Sunday. A good nights sleep and I should be fine.

Mirror or mirror on the wall,
I will rest after all.

No comments:

Post a Comment