Wednesday, April 11, 2012

I believe in Magic

The last two sessions with Magic have shown me where his greatest blocks are. It's good to know these things, then there is a place to get started. He's got a pretty good amount of brace in his poll and neck so teaching him to release those muscles has worked great so far and he's learning that it feels good to just relax there. Then, we're working on moving that body of his around in small cirlces, disengagements, lateral work and lateral flexion.

As he's becoming more familiar with how his body works, he's softening quite a bit from poll to tail. In between these excersices I let him out on the 40 ft. line to just move freely at any pace he wants. Free's up his brain alot too. He's a worrier at times but is very willing to try.

Originally I had him pegged as a right brain extrovert, meaning that he's more of a flight than fight kind of horse, often living in that instinctual place in his head. Unlike a left brained horse that is dominant, confident and has a "what's in it for me" attitude. But now that I get to know Magic I'm seeing more left brained extrovert tendencies regularly now. He's playful, very curious and engaging. It's nice to see that change coming. His confidence is building daily. That's really a basic fundamental training block right there.

I believe Magic is learning those basic stepping stones.

No comments:

Post a Comment